Welcome to the web hub of the Holocaust and Contemporary Genocide, Popular Culture and Digital Technologies Research Group
Who we are:
A group of like-minded academics representing a number of countries, and range of academic fields interested by the incorporation of genocide into popular cultural iconography and how digital technologies are changing the way we remember traumatic histories.
Find out more about individual members on our profile page.
* The Holocaust as contemporary genre
* The Holocaust as cultural reference for catastrophe and trauma
* Memory, affect and traumatic histories
* Remix culture and its impact on memory
* New technologies and the archive
* The influence of Holocaust representation on the portrayal of contemporary genocides
* Post-millennial trends in Holocaust representation
* New technology, memory and the exhibition space
* Social media, gaming and other new technologies, and their impact of contemporary remembrance of the Holocaust and other genocides